Skip Navigation
Skip Main Content

Expert Vaginal Prolapse Treatment

Vaginal Prolapse

Welcome to Harb Urology in Livonia, MI, where Dr. John Harb leads a practice dedicated to providing comprehensive care for vaginal prolapse. With board certification and over 20 years of experience, Dr. Harb offers timely and compassionate care, prioritizing each patient's well-being as if they were family.

Vaginal prolapse can be a distressing condition, but under the expert guidance of Dr. Harb, patients receive personalized treatment plans tailored to their unique needs. At Harb Urology, we understand the impact of vaginal prolapse on daily life and are committed to restoring comfort and confidence through advanced care and understanding.

Trust Dr. John Harb and his caring team at Harb Urology for expert management of vaginal prolapse with empathy and expertise.


Woman Running

Women’s Urologist in Livonia, MI

Vaginal Prolapse Surgery for Relief & Repair

Vaginal prolapse is a common condition that can greatly impact a woman's quality of life. At Harb Urology, we offer advanced treatments to address this issue effectively.

Vaginal prolapse occurs when the muscles and tissues supporting the uterus, bladder, or bowel weaken, causing these organs to bulge into the vagina. Some of the most common symptoms include:

  • Feeling of pelvic pressure or heaviness
  • Vaginal tissue protrusion
  • Urinary incontinence
  • Difficulty with bowel movements
  • Pelvic pain or discomfort

Dr. John Harb offers a range of treatments for vaginal prolapse, including:

  • Reconstructive Urethral Surgery: Surgical procedure to repair and strengthen the pelvic floor.
  • Pelvic Floor Physical Therapy: Exercises to strengthen the pelvic floor muscles.
  • Pessary Insertion: A device placed in the vagina to provide support.

Trust the expertise of Harb Urology for personalized care and effective solutions to address vaginal prolapse, restoring comfort and confidence.

Frequently Asked Questions

Are there different types of vaginal prolapse?

Yes, there are different types of vaginal prolapse, including cystocele (bladder prolapse), rectocele (rectum prolapse), and uterine prolapse. Each type presents with unique symptoms and may require different treatment approaches.

When should I see a doctor for symptoms of vaginal prolapse?

You should see a doctor for symptoms of vaginal prolapse if you experience any of the following: a bulging sensation in the vagina, feeling of pressure or fullness in the pelvis, difficulty inserting tampons, or visible tissue protruding from the vagina. It's important to seek medical advice for proper evaluation and treatment.

Does your urologist near me accept insurance?

Yes! Dr. Harb accepts insurance from all major providers. However, it is always recommended to check with your insurance company beforehand to confirm coverage for specific services. Visit our Insurance page for more information.

How can I get started with the best urology clinic near me?

It’s easy to schedule an appointment with Dr. Harb. Just use our online scheduling tool and select the date and time that works best for you. Dr. Harb’s team will reach out to schedule you as soon as possible.

Dr. John Harb: Leading the Field in Urology

Find Relief from Vaginal Prolapse Today